Saturday, September 02, 2006

Last Sun-Tues we went camping to the Oregon Coast--Devil's Lake, actually, right in Lincoln City. It was super fun and super chilly. Why on earth did I decide that camping at the coast would be a good idea? Oh well, it was still a lot of fun--playing cards, watching the kids ride bikes, eating on paper plates, sleeping on half-deflated air mattresses, eating s'mores-- you know--the good ol' camping life. We went with our semi-new friends the Zeigler's, and I would have to say that camping for three days is definately a good way to decide if you like people. Which we did. Hopefully they did, too (yikes!). But next time, we are going to eastern Oregon and praying a heat wave doesn't hit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisabeth! I was reading your blog and your camping trip reminded me of the one CBPM took to Newport. It must have been four years ago. I think you came with Kyle and Hope late in the first evening and ate fajitas or something. Anyways, I'm sure the trip was in August and it was so so cold. Just like your trip. Anyways, I just wanted to reminisce. Good memories!

mamma g said...

Wow, quite a trip! Maybe next time you should try camping in Canada, where the weather is always beautiful:)

er