Monday, November 20, 2006

Jonah decided (about 3 months ago) that for his birthday he wanted to have a birthday party at a video arcade called Nickel Wunderland. Yesterday our friend Ian told Jon about a way better arcade called Ground Kontrol in Northwest Portland. To give you an idea of what's there, the newest game they have is the original Mortal Kombat (which we would never let him play, of course.)
So, today, Jon took him and his friend Aidan there for almost three hours, and spent nearly $20 in quarters. I keep having to remind myself that it's still cheaper than a party--and this boy loves video games. I still can't believe he's going to be SIX YEARS OLD in just two days.
Six years ago . . .
  • I called my sisters crying because I thought I was going to be pregnant forever (it really does feel that way towards the end--all you moms know it's true).
  • April left work early from Seattle and drove the three hours to cheer me up and keep me busy.
  • JoAnna sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers ever.
  • Jon took me and April to a movie (we all got car-sick during the movie--it was the genre of film, I think--and so we left early).
Six years ago . . .
  • We went home and to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I walked on the treadmill for a while (I will get this baby out of me!!).
  • I finally went to sleep, woke up early and went to the hospital (I wouldn't say we rushed--Jon did stop for some gas on the way at his station).
  • Jonah was born at 12:15 Thanksgiving morning--at 10 lbs 5 ounces he was our turkey that holiday.

Six years ago. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Elisabeth,
Wonderful memories!

Laura