Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Our kids come from a long line of sleep talkers. For example, a young Auntie JoAnna murmured in her sleep one night and when Auntie April (Bepo) asked her what she said JoAnna declared, "I'm meeting my future husband!"
Our kids don't talk in their sleep every night, but last night Ava did. As I walked in to kiss her before heading to bed (it was almost midnight) she rolled over and mumbled something. I said, "What, Avie?" She then said loudly, "Mim dim I not dream in my room!"
I kind of like these little night-time surprise sayings; they are one of those fun secrets that (usually) only family knows about (unless you post them on your blog for the world to see) and bond us together...

1 comment:

la femme elisabeth said...

Sleep Talking Update:
Last night Ava was YELLING in her sleep and moaning and crying all at differing intervals. Sleep talking is not so cute when it's at 1am, 3am, 4:30am, and 6am.