Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Best Cooker EVER!

Yesterday my sister April (Bepo) came home from a week-long trip to St. Louis. We were all happy to see her and she stuck around the house for a while. Pretty soon we were hungry (it was dinner time), so she ran to the store, grabbed some ingredients (she said she had never seen my fridge so empty!), and proceeded to make Tortilla Soup.
April and I both LOVE soup, and I would eat it nearly every night if I thought my family would not wither away (they are not so fond of it--Jon thinks it normally does not qualify as a meal--he has a few "hearty soup" exceptions).
Anyway, I was a little nervous about whether the kids would like it or not. But this was very simple (chicken, chicken broth, white rice, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and Cotija--Mexican cheese--that you assemble bowl by bowl). So I thought, "heh, let's give it a try."
Little did I know that my son would wolf down not one, not two, but THREE bowls of the stuff!! Granted, he only had broth, chicken, and rice in his, but still! This is SOUP we're talking about!
While April went into the kitchen to get something, he walked around the table and said he had to tell me a secret. He then told me "Mom, Bepo is the BEST cook-maker I ever met!"
(oh, and Jon liked it, too!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can April come over and make cook for the Durias fam?

Tobi said...

I love a good recipe. Pass it on girl!! Have a good day.

April said...

i love jonah...he always makes me feel good about myself. :)
tortilla soup rules.