Sunday, May 24, 2009




I have had seasonal allergies this spring for the first time ever. While I think this must be in some way related to pregnancy (who knows), alls I know is I am sneezin' like crazy and have a new-found sympathy for my hubby who suffers for two months EVERY year.
Since I am prego and can't take meds for allergies, one thing I have found that eases the symptoms is nasal irrigation.
Some say, "Gross!" and some say, "Oh, I been doin' that for years." Jon says, "No way."
But I gave it a try when I had the gnarliest cold ever a couple months ago and let me just say, "HALLELUJAH!"
For a cold or allergies, you won't catch me without a Neti Pot again.

5 comments:

Lobug said...

I tried that once, and got a sinus infection for it... never again!! Glad it's working for you!
It is a really bad year for allergies- worst pollen clouds I've ever seen around here!!!
(There are some anti-histamines you can take during preganancy- I would have to be in a bubble without them...)

Jeff and Aimee said...

Do you look as attractive as the pictured Neti-Pot user while using yours? What does Neti-Pot stand for anyway?

la femme elisabeth said...

hmmmm....good questions Aimee...I would have to say that I look slightly nerdier than said Neti Pot user, and I have no clue what it stands for. In fact, I don't think I want to know...

Jennifer said...

My mom uses her everyday and since she started using it, she hasn't had another sinus infection.

Mel (AKA Dad, Papa Mel, Grampa) said...

Could it be the cat? Certain times of year cats bother my allergies.

Best thing I have found: Ask your doc about a Rx for Flonase. It's a corticosteroid nasal spray similar to what your body produces itself to deal with inflamation. Takes a few days but clears me up so well I can't tell when allergy season is over.