Friday, January 21, 2011

Rainy Friday Project

It was a VERY rainy day today and since my 1 cent book finally came from the Amazon shipper (only had about 200 miles to go and yet took nearly 3 weeks--ARG!)...I decided to finally get my book page canvas goin'. I ordered a little book by Elizabeth Barrett Browning "Sonnets from the Portuguese" and when I laid my eyes on it I could barely stand to rip the pages out...it was so darling. It even had cute little drawings...but alas it is for our bedroom and the only book I had to use, so Ava and I got to tearing. I also used a book about the life of John Newton (think "Amazing Grace") which was enjoyable but not historically accurate so I had no problem tearing that one apart. I used portions of the love story between he and his wife. She prayed for him everyday for eight years that he would be saved and turn his life over to the Lord. Finally her prayers were answered. So "heart touching" as Joe would say...

1 comment:

Jeff and Aimee said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see the final result.