Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day Two of All-Day "Morning Sickness"

How on earth can anyone call this "Morning Sickness?" I am calling it my couch sickness, because that is where I have to stay all day long. I just finished catching up on all your wonderful blogs and most of you are making cookies and yummy treats and doing wonderful Christmas-ey crafts with your little ones. I am dying to do it, too, and yet my (forgive me) vomit-reflex does not allow. My poor kids will have to be satisfied to live vicariously through you all while they watch movies and do workbooks and color some more pictures as I lay on the couch, once again.
As I lay I have been praying for a lot of you (hey, I've got some serious time on my hands) and also for my own growing family, Jon and the kidlets, especially the one growing inside me. That our Father would grow him or her strong and straight; that he or she would not be easily influenced by this world. For the kids and Jon, that Christmas would not be something to "get through" this year while Momma's sick, but that the meaning would penetrate their hearts. And also that this sicky-season would pass quickly!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must deliver cookies.

JamieB said...

thanks for sharing, E...

you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly.

love you lots.

Dana said...

so sorry! but what a great attitude and awesome use of this down time. will definitely be praying for you- that this passes quickly!

Mel (AKA Dad, Papa Mel, Grampa) said...

Hope your adjustment to being pg gets over quickly. I enjoyed the emphasis of your down time. Some clouds have a silver lining.

Lobug said...

Oh my goodness, Elisabeth!! How do I always find these things out so late?! Congratulations, and I will be praying for you.

Sarah said...

so sorry you are sick. bummer

Jennifer said...

I'll be praying for you that you stop feeling sick very soon.

April said...

amen