Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Walk in the Park


Yesterday the kids and I went for a walk in Laurelhurst Park with Bepo (my sister April). We were walking from her apartment and about to cross the road when a man in the apartments across the street came out of his building carrying a large trash bag. Ava points and yells, "Look, Mom! The garbage man!" Then she continued to point for several seconds while we (the man included) were all laughing.
Then in the park a police car was patrolling and came our way. I told the kids to wait for the "Cop Car". Ava yells, "Oh NO! The Po-lice!" and was very worried (I guess that they would haul her away??) until the policeman waved to the kids. Then she continued to skip down the path...


Sometimes the lowliest of weeds make the sweetest offerings..."I picked a flower for you, Mama!"
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that poker room Ava ran was gonna get her into trouble.

April said...

I went for a walk last night a smiled again at all those places where Ava made her comments...so cute. so funny.