Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Dessert, please!




Last night we went to The Screen Door to celebrate Louise's birthday. At home earlier in the day Ava said to me out of the blue "I can't WAIT to eat cake!" "What are you talking about?" I asked. "I can't wait to eat birthday cake for Nannie's birthday!" I informed her that the restaurant might not have cake, but we'll be sure to have something for dessert. When we got there we saw a HUGE chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Then, when the waiter brought our food out, he asked if we needed anything else. Ava (who was face down in her macaroni) said, "I need dessert after this!" Oh, and by the way, Jonah and Ava attacked an enormous slice of chocolate cake all by themselves. I think Poppop would have liked to try it, but then Ava sneezed on it...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

She's my kind of girl! I love dessert and usually look at that on the menu first!

Anonymous said...

...and eat it, too.